Hashtags have become a polarizing topic lately; while some embrace them as part of a social future, some have labeled them as dumb, annoying, even stupid.
They started on Twitter as a simple way to link tweets about certain topics, but they’ve become a cultural phenomenon. However you feel about hashtags, there’s no escaping them.
If you’re trying to get in on the hashtag revolution, you need to know how to use them and how not to use them. Check out these five lessons to perfect your use of hashtags, no matter if you’ve been using them for five years or five minutes.
1. Twitter: What are Hashtags?
2. Twitter: See What’s Trending Using Hashtags
3. Twitter: Use Hashtags in All the Right Ways
4. Facebook: Explore Hot Topics With Hashtags
5. Vine: Be Part of a Larger Conversation